Are you looking for a Vancouver Siding Company who does more than just Siding? That’s us!
Siding Vancouver doesn’t only do siding. We are a full exterior renovation company. Roofing is one of our other specialties. There are many products to choose from. Asphalt is by far the most popular. Other products include cedar shakes, rubber tile roofing, and hard tile roofing.
Is it time to replace your roof? Protect the investment you have by putting a good roof on it. There are 5 main signs you can look for if you suspect this. They are:
- Curling or Clawing Shingles – These are a sign of both an aging roof, and excessive heat. Curled/clawing shingles are very susceptible to wind uplift and ice damage. Shingles will be come weak from this, and can easily break.
- Missing Granules/Bare Spots – This can be from poorly placed downspouts, lack of eaves trough, or poorly designed valley drainage/flashing. The age of a roof, or physical damage can also cause granules to fall off. This is bad because it will accelerate aging and decay of the roof on these areas.
- Broken/Missing Shingles – Broken or missing shingles greatly weaken a roof’s ability to shed water, and can be a water ingress point. The main two causes of this are excessive wind and physical damage.
- Buckling Shingles – Buckling shingles are visible waved distortions, which usually run vertically up a roof in a line. Buckled shingles are very susceptible to wind and ice damage, and can easily be torn off. Roof age, initial installation workmanship, and poor underlayment installation are all causes of buckling shingles.
- Damaged Flashings – Flashings in key areas such as Valleys, Eaves, Rakes, Skylights, Wall Details, Stacks, and Chimneys are all susceptible to separation, lifting, and dried/failed caulking. The flashing can lift and separate due to climate changes, which cause expansion and contraction. Expansion and contraction over time causes nails to pop out of the flashing, making it loose, and allowing water to ingress into the house.
If you notice any of these 5 signs, you can call Siding Vancouver, and we can fix it! We specialize in roofing replacement. The brands we install are IKO and GAF. Each of these brands are available in a wide variety of profiles, qualities, and colors. For more information, feel free to visit their websites (click on Logo below).
Siding Vancouver takes pride in making all our siding projects the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that if we offer incredible service and workmanship, we will be rewarded by referrals, which we greatly appreciate when we receive them. If there is a siding product you would like installed on your house which we do not have on our website, feel free to ask us about it and we can source it out and most likely provide you with a quote for it.
Call Siding Vancouver for your free Roofing Quote at 604-QUOTE-US (604-786-8387)