Siding Vancouver offers Vinyl Windows for your Vancouver home. Vinyl windows in Vancouver are the most cost effective windows you can install for your home, in comparison to metal or wood windows. The windows we offer are all complete with Double Glazing (reduces noice & increases insulation), Low E Glass (reduces UV), and are Argon Gas Filled (repels condensation). If you need new windows for your home, and are on a budget, vinyl is your best option. Don’t think that just because the price is much lower that the quality will be sacrificed. This is untrue. The windows we install are great quality, and the installation is done by our in house professional installers. Installing new Vinyl Windows will drastically increase the energy efficiency of your home! Lower your heating bill, and put the money back into your pocket!
The long term cost savings that occurs by swapping out old drafty windows definitely makes vinyl windows a solid option. You get the best of both world with vinyl windows; low cost and incredible return on investment. If you plan on selling your home, and you have old windows, then installing new windows is a great option, as most home buyers look at the efficiency of the house windows upon making their decision.
Vinyl windows are available in 2 options: New Construction Windows, and Replacement Windows. Most people assume that because they are renovating their home, that they must install Replacement Windows. This is not true. You have the option of installing New Construction Windows as well. The way this is achieved (if you are not planning on changing your siding) is by cutting the existing siding around the window by 3.5” or 5.5” (depending on the look you want), then installing new moisture barrier, complete with a peel & stick waterproof membrane at the sill (bottom), jambs (sides), and header (top) of the window opening.
We then install a bead of polyurethane to the header and jambs of the window, and install the window into the opening, and install a flashing on top of it. Once installed, we install new trim using either comb face wood or fibre cement trim. A bead of polyurethane caulking is then installed between the existing siding and trim, and between trim and window.
The best time to change your windows is when you change your siding. This said, the best time to change your siding is also the best time to change your windows! The reason for this is because you will save the cost of the above mentioned labor of cutting the existing siding away (if it is stucco, this can be costly).
We are affiliated with Gentek Building Supplies, who offer a great line of Vinyl Windows. Feel free to visit their websites for more information. (Click on logos below). If you are looking at installing windows other than Gentek, we are open to sourcing them out, and installing them for you as well.
Gentek 80 Series
Gentek 80 Series vinyl windows and doors (sliding and french) are expertly crafted to beautifully withstand everyday wear and tear.
- Sturdy 3-3/8″ frame depth and integral nailing find with 1-3/8″ setback for compatibility with Hardie, Wood, Vinyl and Stucco applications!
- Also available in 1″set back nail fin and stucco flange options (New Construction and Renovation)
- 1″ thick insulated glass unit with warm-edge spacer technology for thermal efficiency
- Precision-welded frame and sash for strength and energy efficiency
- Side-load sash design (single hung windows) and removable fiberglass screens for easy cleaning
- Metal-reinforced in the meeting rails for increased strength and rigidity
- 3-3/8″ frame depth; available in White, Almond and Desert Clay, as well as a Bronze exterior with a White interior
- 1″ thick insulated glass unit is standard; triple glazing available
- Standard cam lock or the upgraded Euro snap lock and keeper meet the toughest forced entry standards
- Full-length interlocking meeting rails and double weatherstripping reduce the potential for air and water infiltration and enhance thermal performance
- All locking rails are metal-reinforced for strength and durability
- Integral dual lift rails make opening smooth, sure and easy
- Side load sash operates on two concealed precalibrated block and tackle balances
Casement and Awning
Gentek casement and awning windows will take your home to a whole new level of style and comfort. A beautiful complement to any room, casements and awnings feature an easy-touch crank to open and close the window.
- 3-3/8″ frame depth offers classic beauty for new construction as well as retrofit applications and can achieve “Light Commerical” window rating for strength
- Casements have a single-lever, multi-point locking system combined with triple weatherstripping for added security and protection from the elements
- Both windows have standard high-end roto-hardware and hinges to ensure smooth operation; can be upgraded to stainless steel
- Triple weatherstripping and independent lever locks at each jamb provide added peace of mind and protection from the elements
- A snap-in, extruded aluminum lip screen frame with fiberglass mesh provides a strong and seamless solution to keeping the insects out
- A collapsable handle for mini-blind application is available as an option
- Multiple casement or awning configurations and triple glazing available
The crisp, clean-line design and ample glass exposure of the horizontal sliding window allow for natural lighting and unobstructed view, while the heavy-duty construction and powerful insulating components deliver outstanding performance year-round.
- 3-3/8″ frame depth offers classic beauty for new construction as well as retrofit applications; available in White, Almond and Desert Clay, or Bronze exterior with a White interior
- 1″ thick insulated glass unit standard; triple glazing available
- Three grid options, continuous frame, mulling and “T” bar options give you maximum design flexibility
- Full-length interlocking meeting rails and double weatherstripping reduce the potential for air and water
infiltration and enhance thermal performance
- All locking rails are metal-reinforced for strength and durability
- Adjustable, tandem brass rollers in a non-corrosive housing provide smooth operation and a quick sight
line adjustment in the field
- Attractively styled vinyl window with sturdy 3-3/8″ frame depth and integral nailing fin with 1-3/8″ setback
- Precision-welded frames eliminate potential leak points at sill corners, ensure easy water runoff and improve energy efficiency
- Narrow sight-lines for a clear attractive design
- 1″ thick insulated glass unit warm-edge technology and exterior glazing; triple-glazed units available
- 1″ wide nailing fin is welded at all four corners for an enhanced weathertight installation
- Special shapes also available
- Sturdy 4-1/2″ frame depth for increased strength and structural integrity
- 1″ thick insulated glass unit is standard; triple glazing is available
- Available in White, Almond and Desert Clay, as well as a Bronze exterior with a White interior
- A European-style handle with thumb lock offers easy operation; keyed locks and foot locks available as upgrade
- Independently adjustable dual-point mortise lock
- Adjustable tandem rollers on a raised stainless steel track provide years of smooth trouble free operation
- Metal-reinforced meeting rails and sash provides strength and durability
- Transoms are available up to 9′ wide
- Available in two-, three- and four-panel configurations
- Vinyl sheet rock returns also offered
- Available in White and Almond
- 1″thick insulated glass unit with Low-E and argon gas is standard; triple glazing is available
- Three-point locking system for a tight seal and added comfort
- Heavy-duty reinforcement in all frame and panel members for increased strength
- Standard White hardware with adjustable non-corrosive hinges; optional hardware finishes are available
- Self-weeping sloped sill for increased water drainage
- Single, double or French-style doors are available in in-swing (4-9/16″ or 6-9/16″ jamb depths) or out-swing (4-9/16″ jamb depth only)
- Side lites and vinyl brick mould are also available